Monday, February 13, 2012

5 - Keep them safe.

I had some time to myself, in the barn, this weekend.  I was looking around, and began thinking of all the dangers that lurked.  Poisonous mushrooms, weed killers, fertilizers, the rat poison and knife that I keep high on a shelf.  Horses.  The road.  You get the idea.

Never get on a horse without a helmet!
I've invested, probably more than the average family, on various door handle covers, cabinet locks, and medicine lock boxes.  And, despite my efforts, I've called poison control, on more than one occasion.

I can't do enough, to keep my children safe, it seems.  There are dangers everywhere.  At the end of the day, and sometimes in between, I thank God for my children's health and safety.  I pray that he keep my children safe, and that he give me the wisdom to do everything that I can do, to protect and teach them.  That is all I can do.  It is the prayer I have prayed more than any other, beginning with the day I became a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment